Selenium has become the most widely used test automation tool in the world and hence there is a good demand for selenium experts across the globe. When there is a demand for a specific profession, more and more people will rush to learn the subject and the same thing happened in the case of selenium also.
Many Selenium training tutorials have come up to cater to the need of increasing aspirants. Those selenium tutorials which are providing training online are more popularly called as Selenium Video tutorials as the major part of the study materials provided by them are selenium videos.
These videos clearly depict the entire process of testing using selenium step by step and the students can learn the subject easily. Besides, the selenium training online courses will provide chat facility to the students which will help them to interact with the trainer from time to time so that they can clear off doubts if any.
One major advantage of selenium over its counterparts is that it can be integrated with many other test automation tools and test management tools to enhance the overall performance. Selenium can be configured with Eclipse for better performance. Eclipse is an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) used in computer programming. It is the most widely used IDE in the world and written mostly in java.
You will remember at this juncture that even selenium webdriver is also written in java. This clearly indicates that learning java is good for working with selenium. That is the reason why many trainers are offering selenium training with java courses.
Now let us come back to how to configure selenium webdriver with Eclipse.
It is very easy and less time consuming process to configure selenium webdriver with Eclipse and the entire process contains 5 steps.
- The first step is to download and install Java Software Development Kit or JDK. Here you should note one important thing. JDK usually comes with Java Runtime Environment or JRE and hence there is no need to install JRE separately.
- Now you can download and install Eclipse IDE.
- The next step is to download Selenium Java Client driver. In order to communicate with selenium webdriver or to write test scripts, you should use language-specific client drivers.
- Now you can go to C drive, open the Eclipse folder and click on ,Exe file. Then you will be asked to create a workspace. You can either go with a default workspace or create a new one in C drive and click OK.
- Now you can start writing codes.