Selenium is an automation testing tool that is being used most widely in the world. Selenium has many advantages making it the most sought after automation testing tool in the world and some of the advantages are listed below.
- Selenium is a free and open source. Hence there is no need to invest for the license, this reduces the cost of testing considerably.
- Selenium is compatible with multiple platforms including Windows and Linux.
- Selenium is multi-browser compatible.
- Multiple program languages such as Java, C#, Ruby, Python, PHP etc can be used to write test scripts in Selenium.
- Selenium is highly user-friendly and it is very easy to learn also.
- It has a vast community of experts to provide technical assistance.
When these features made selenium the most sought after test automation tool, the demand for selenium experts has increased considerably. In order to cater to the need of the hour, many selenium tutorials have come up to create more professionals in this direction. Along with many freshers, professionals working in the other domains of the software industry are also coming towards selenium testing career.
Selenium tutorial for beginners will be the best option to learn selenium as it covers the entire process of testing step by step. If you know any of the programming languages supported by Selenium, there is no need to learn a programming language. However, for those who are not familiar with any programming languages, there are courses such as selenium testing training with Java and selenium testing training with C# etc.
Selenium is a testing suite with several components including Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium webdriver and Selenium grid. Each component has its own functions to perform and hence the details about each of these components will be taught in all selenium tutorials.
Now, the most important step is to identify a good trainer. While there are a good number of trainers available, you certainly will get confused. You should enquire about the trainer thoroughly before joining the course. At a time when social media is so popular, it will not be a big task. You can have a look at the official website of the trainer and have a look at the sample selenium videos and selenium interview questions posted there to get an idea about the quality of the study materials and the training.
By selecting the best trainer and by pursuing selenium testing training, you certainly can grab many good opportunities that will come up in the near future.
This section will clear your basic oops concept which you need to use in selenium webdriver test scripts.
- Datatypes In Java
- String Class In Java
- if, if else and nested if else In Java
- for loop In Java
- while, do while loops In Java
- One and two-dimensional array In Java
- Methods In Java
- Access Modifiers In Java
- Return Type Of Method In Java
- Static, Non-Static Methods, Variables In Java
- Object In Java
- Variable Types In Java
- Constructor In Java
- Inheritance In Java
- Interface In Java
- ArrayList In Java
- Hashtable In Java
- Read-Write Text File In Java
- Exception handling, try-catch-finally, throw and throws In Java